Tuesday, April 8, 2008

How to Resolve sense key = MEDIUM ERROR on MacBook Pro

After 9 months of purchasing my MacBook Pro I was faced with Error while burning my CDs. Toast reported sense key = MEDIUM ERROR and eject CD. I google the error and was surprised to see so many users are having this error. Some were blaming to cheap CDs while others recommended to repair permissions or re-install OS.

I continue to face error on some cds while some burn fine. I concluded that it may be defective cds but when I used same cd on my external writer they burn fine. On 12 months my burner finally gave up and now it was not burning any type of CD/DVD.

I went to shop purchased Philips CD Cleaner which had two brushed on it. Inserted it into my dvd drive. Instructions played to choose track no. 14 for cleaning. I did as instructed and WOW my dvd burner was functional. I have burnt quite a few CD with no problem at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment