Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Virtual Boxes(Sun Virtualbox 3.0, Parallels Desktop 4, Vmware Fusion 2.0.5) for Mac Brief Comparison

Sun Virtual Box 3.0

I have installed and tested it on my Snow Leopard. It is FREE solution and a very good one. But it lacks behind speed as compared to Paralles and Vmware. I also found some glitches in Share Folders Access.

Parallels Desktop 4.0

Parallels Desktop has improved a lot, Before release 381 it was quite buggy, but now it works as smooth, I found its seamless integration "Cohesion" very good better than other two products

Vmware 2.0.5

Vmware is fastest of all and it is very good Virtual Solution. Previously I has problems with Share Folders, they were too slow. Now they are blazing fast.

I also recommend to install portable versions of the Application in virtual box to have optimized performance. Presently I am using VMware Fusion 2.0.5.

1 comment:

  1. They all lack firewire support which really blows... I will not buy VMWare upgrade to recently released 3.0 or whatever-dot.whatever until they implement support for firewire devices. :(

    ReplyDelete